ESI is short form Employees’ State Insurance. It is a kind of health insurance scheme designed for Indian workers and is managed by a corporation [ESIC Registration] which has been created by Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
Sent your message successfully!
Sorry there was an error sending your form.
What is EPF?
EPF is also a social security scheme which provides for security of employees and their dependents in case of termination of employment or premature death of the employee. It is managed by EPFO and controlled by Ministry of Labour and Employment.
What is UAN?
UAN means Universal Account No. UAN is a 12 digit no. allotted to an employee who is making a contribution to EPF. This no. remains throughout the lifetime of employee and does not change with a change in jobs.
When ESIC Registration is applicable & what is a contribution?
It is applicable in the case of all employees who are earning Rs 21,000 or less per month as wages. Total contribution is 6.5 percent out of which employer contributes 4.75% and the employee contributes 1.75%. In the case of factory or establishment having 10 or more employees, they are required to take ESIC registration or ESI registration.
What are benefits of ESIC Registration?
ESI is a social security scheme for employees. Those employees who are registered here can get medical treatment for themselves and their dependents. Also, under ESI they are entitled to following benefits:
Women employees can get maternity benefits
During contingency, they can get unemployment cash benefits
In case of death or disablement during employment, they can get disablement benefits and family pension
Which are the entities covered by the ESI?
As per the government notification dated Sec 1(5) of the ESI Act the following entities are covered:
2. Restaurants or Hotels only engaged in sales.
4. Road Motor Transport Establishments;
5. Newspaper establishments.(which is not covered under the factory act)
6. Private Educational Institutions
What are the documents required for registration?
The documents required for the registration are –
1. A registration certificate obtained either under the: a. Factories Act b. Shops and Establishment Act
2. Certificate of Registration in case of Company, and Partnership deed in case of a Partnership
3. Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the Company
4. A list of all the employees working in the Establishment
5. PAN Card of the Business Entity as well as all the Employees working under the entity
6. The compensation details of all the employees
7. A cancelled cheque of the Bank Account of the Company
8. List of Directors of the Company
9. List of the Shareholders of the Company
10. Register containing the attendance of the employees
After collecting all the above-mentioned documents the following procedure is to be followed for the registration of the ESI: a. Form No – 1 (Employers Registration Form) is to be downloaded and filled. b. After downloading the PDF version of the form and filling it, it has to be submitted on the website itself along with the above-mentioned documents.
How many returns are filed every year after the registration is finalised?
After the registration ESI Returns have to be filed twice a year. The following documents are required for the filing of the returns:
1. Register of Attendance of the Employees
2. Form 6 – Register
3. Register of wages
4. Register of any accidents which have happened on the premises of the business